- Degrees in Economics and Aeronautical Engineering
- 1982 – 1986: McKinsey & Company
- 1986: BMW AG, various positions
- 1996: Managing Director BMW South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
- 1999 – 2000: Member of the Board BMW AG
- 2001: Adam Opel AG, Managing Director and Vice President of General Motors Europe
- 2004: President and COO of GME. 2006-2009 President and CEO of GME, Group Vice President of GM and Member of GM’s Global Automotive Strategy Board
- 2010: Tata Motors Ltd, Group CEO until 2011, Member of the Board until 2012
- Since 2013: Member of the Board of Volvo Cars Corporation. Various other board memberships.
- industrial goods
- Personal Development
- Development of organisations and operations
- Stakeholder Management